Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Phoenix Symphony


On Saturday Jake and I went to the Phoenix Symphony! A friend of ours has a friend that was able to score us some sweet tickets! And it was amazing. Jake picked me up after the Relief Society conference (which was great), and we made our way to Phoenix. I had never been in that part of the city before and I loved it. There really is some great architecture in Phoenix. We'll have to go back one day and go through some museums or just walk around.
Alondra de la Parra was the conductor, and Adam Golka was a guest pianist. Both are in their 20s. It was great to be able to see such young, talented, successful people. My favorite piece was the Sinfonia India, composed by Carlos Chavez. Parts of it made me feel like I was suddenly in The Lord of the Rings or some other fantasy book. Next was the Concerto No.2 in G minor by Sergei Prokofiev. This is where Golka preformed. He was brilliant. We were lucky enough to be seated on the side of the concert hall that allowed us to see his hands. At some points they were moving so fast everything was a blur! And he played without any sheet music. A-maz-ing. Last was Symphony No. 8 in G major by Antonin Dvorak. The whole experience was wonderful. I'm always amazed at the feelings and emotions that music can invoke.

No comments: