Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dress Design for Shabby Apple Dresses

So I was reading a friend's blog yesterday and saw that she had drawn some dress designs for a contest by Shabby Apple dresses. I've always loved their dresses and since I love drawing I figured I'd sketch something fast (since the contest ends today!) and post it. So here is my dress design. I couldn't decide which color I liked better so I did both. Wish me luck!

Yellow is by far my favorite spring color, and I always have the hardest time finding a fun, modest spring dress. The main part of the dress would be a strech cotton, with white sleeves overlayed with a sheer fabric (Sorry, I don't know much about fabric and their specific names). The sheer fabric is also ruffled along the neckline and toward the hem, which ends just below the knee. A light flowery/paisley pattern in a darker yellow fades in and out sparadically throughout the dress. This dress is designed to be light, airy, and is sure to turn quite a few heads.Alghouth dark blue is rarely seen as a spring color, the stark contrast with the sleeves and waistband still maintain the fun and flirty aspects of the yellow version of the dress. The type of fabric used would be the same, the only difference is the striped wasteband verses the buttons on the yellow dress, and this dress is a solid color (no flowery designs).

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Very cute Mads! I hope you win! It was so fun to go to lunch with you the other day. It's always good to catch up!

Heidi Lynn said...

I love it! I would totally buy it. :) If I had money. Ha ha!

Jesse and Mallory said...

That is so cool! I LOVE Shabby Apple dresses! I would totally buy your dress. Let us know how it goes!