Friday, September 18, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We drove up to Utah again for Labor day. The drive was pretty uneventful, except we did get to see how construction is going on the new bridge at Hoover Dam. We drove by it last Christmas and were impressed. It's a HUGE bridge.

Sydney was visiting from Tucson this weekend too, but we went a day early to surprise my family. We pulled into the driveway and no cars were there. The door was unlocked so we let ourselves in, but there was no one home! We drive 13 hours and there is no one to suprise. What a bummer!
Some highlights of the week include, going to the Music and the Spoken word on Sunday, visiting my niece Emery, playing tennis with the fam, visiting grandparents, my parents buying a Cadillac (haha!), eating delicious peaches, seeing my brother Rory and his wife Rebecca (hadn't seen them since Christmas!) feeling the first touches of fall, and the 2 year anniversary of our first date/kiss! It was such a wonderful weekend!

Carson drew on Jake's neck with a permanent marker. So Jake tackled Carson and did this :)

The Orchestra and the bells were there. It was amazing!

2 Years from our first date/kiss at Temple Square

Emery! She's getting so big! And she has hair!

Tippie toes! She can stand on her own pretty well and can walk a little bit when she has her toy cart thing.

Yellow watermelon. I kid you not.

Pretty Zaugg farm

I've always loved this sign. I think it'd look really neat all cleaned up and in someones laundry room or something.

3 comments:

The Brown Family said...

We were at the Music and the Spoken Word as well! Its too bad we didn't see you and your family I would of loved that!

Leah Re-Etta said...

yellow watermelon? How does that happen? Did it taste like a watermelon? Is it even edible? Haha! ps...my mission papers are going into salt lake tomorrow. I should know where I'm going in a couple weeks! :)

Jake and Madi said...

Crazy huh! Yes it tasted exactly like watermelon! It was kind of weird eating it because it reminded me of squash so I just had to close my eyes and pretend it was red. That's so exciting about your papers! I can't wait to see where you're going!