Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Art Take 2

So I've been working on a few things (not nearly as much as I should) and I thought I'd share! It's hard for me to be motivated to do art projects without an art teacher and a due date. I start a lot of things but don't finish them. But since I'm unemployed and with Jake now starting his new job I have a lot of free time. Jake is pushing me and his mom to start a mural business, where we'd paint murals and little flourishes in peoples homes. It'd be an awesome job but I need some practice! So I'm determined to sketch AT LEAST once a day, and paint something a few times a week.


This is called The Girl with the Blue Sucker. It's my sister Sydney when she was little. She is my favorite person to draw/paint. Not really happy with the shirt. I get impatient with oils after a while, since I haven't had much practice with them. So as soon as the face was done I scrambled through the rest.

Mesa Temple! This was commissioned by my father in law. It took me FOREVER! I'd probably rather draw hands all day (which I hate) than draw buildings. It's crazy hard to get all the angles right and there is so much detail. But it's nice to broaden my horizons and work on something different. It was a really neat project. My mom wants one in water color, and I think I'm going to do a big drawing/painting of the Bountiful Temple whenever I can afford to get it framed.

Sorry this one is so dark! I couldn't figure out the scanner so I had to take a picture. I did this today as my daily sketch. It's called Rain Dance. I want to do more with it, it'd look really sweet done in watercolor, and I think it has the makings of a cute book. Anyone want to write a story?

7 comments:

Jordan and Luke Stephenson said...

You are absolutely incredible! I had NO idea you could paint/ draw... I'm seriously amazed at these!

Heidi Lynn said...

Madi those are so cute! When I have a house will you come paint murals in it? haha I love them!

Megumi said...

Madi you are an amazing artist! I remember seeing your painting when I went over to your apt during the summer and the finished product is incredible!! I cant wait to seem more of your art projects in the future :D

Sarah said...

You are incredible Mads! You're talent makes me feel like I can't do anything!

Jake and Madi said...

thanks guys!

Jess said...

Madison your art is amazing. Before I even read who the girl was I saw your face in it. I know it is your sister but you two must look alike. Beautiful Beaautiful! Keep posting your art for us all to see.
{Jess}

Kyle Wadsworth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.