Monday, September 14, 2009

The Incredible Indestructable Blackberry

Sorry it's been FOREVER since the last post. I've had tons to blog about, and plenty of time to do it, I'm just extremely forgetful. So apologies all around. Today I'd like the tell the story of Jake's extremely tough Blackberry. We got it a few days after our wedding, and since then it has undergone some harsh treatment, such as.... falling onto concrete or a hard surface dozens (and dozens) of times, falling into a milk shake, falling into water multiple times, falling on the beach and getting sand stuck in the little ball scroller thing, and.... getting run over by a truck!! No joke! Here is the picture to prove it.

Jake was out with a friend offroading and hiking and somehow his phone fell out of his pocket. When they were half way down the mountain he realized his phone was missing so they drove back to find it. Jake found it implanted in the ground with tire marks on it. And it still works! What an amazing phone!
We're back in Arizona, living with Jake's parents and uncertain about the future. We'd been thinking of moving to Utah at the end of the year but I doubt that is going to happen now. So we're just gunna wing it and see where jobs take us. Jake's had some interviews at Go Daddy and is hoping to get a call back soon.
Our last days in CA were pretty fun. I'd moved back to AZ a week or so before to start job hunting but went back to CA to clean our apartment and haul the rest of our stuff home. We drove down through San Diego on or way home because Jake wanted to go swimming with sharks, like my sister and I did last summer with my cousin Krista. So we drove to La Jolla and had a blast snorkeling with leopard sharks! They are completely harmless and pretty small so now worries! We did see a sting ray though and that kinda freaked me out. I miss our friends from CA and the nice weather but it's good to be home.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sharks huh? You guys are brave! Doug's older brother works at Go Daddy I think as their accountant. What is Jake applying for?