Friday, June 26, 2009

Mother Dear I Love You So


So my lovely mother came to visit me a couple weeks ago! She was in LA for business but scheduled her flight to leave a few days later so she could visit Jake and me. This was the first time she had been to see me with a house/apartment of my own so it was pretty exciting! We spent most of our time shopping, trying to find clothes for my dad and my siblings. And as much as I loathe shopping, it was great to get out of the house and spend time with my mom! My throat was sore from talking so much! She bought Jake and I tons of cool groceries that we would never buy ourselves but love having them, she took me to Trader Joe's for the first time (awesome!!), and we watched girly movies and ate chocolate. Oh and one morning we played soccer in the park and ran around with Jitters. Then we went home and made freezer jam! Huzzah!!! So thanks mom for a wonderful weekend and for making our home feel a little homier. We love and and miss you tons!

4 comments:

~~Heidi~~ said...

OH I love your mom! She is really the worlds best!

The Brown Family said...

Thats so fun & your Moms so sweet! My Dad has been visiting for a week and has mostly stayed with us, it makes all the difference having him stay, food prepared, a bed made each night, kind of like paying a incredibly small percentage back for all those years growing up! Its been fun to have the tables turn.

Sarah said...

How fun! I miss my Brenda! Business huh? What are your parents up to nowadays?

Jake and Madi said...

My mom works for a company called GL enterprises. They make a bunch of cool plastic things i think... like containers and scrapers and paint pallets. She travels every once in a while to train people, and introduce the product to possible clients... it's pretty awesome! My dad works for a bank at the time being, still job hunting.