Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Amazing Jake

What an amazing husband I have.

We have struggled with a problem our entire 2 years of marriage. That problem? Where to store our shoes when we come home at the end of the day. Our entryway of every apartment we've lived in has been cluttered beyond imagination. We've thought of buying a basket of sorts, but Jake's shoes are so huge, two pairs would fill any decent sized container. We're both too lazy to take them off and walk them back to our closet, and we both wear several different pairs each week. What to do??
About a month ago Jake announced that he was going to make a shelf for our shoes. I scoffed at him and immediately came up with a million reasons why that was not possible. What a terrible wife I am! Here my husband was trying to solve our problem and I basically tell him he doesn't have the means or the ability to do it. I felt bad about it later though and told him to do it, but I think he was crushed.
It's a good thing he's so determined though, because the next week he went shopping for wood, nails, and a hand saw. He told me his idea, I sketched a rough design and that was that! Several hours later we had a shelf. And an awesome one at that. We painted it black to match the rest of our furniture, but the artist in me will have to revamp it one day.

My handy man :)

Jake wanted to include a shelf for my purse. He was tired of me throwing it on top of our shoes. I love it.

No comments: